Wrong mailadresses in List-mail-headers in mails from security-dev@

Lothar Kimmeringer job at kimmeringer.de
Thu Jun 16 20:09:18 UTC 2022

Hi,

I've had the pronblem that mails, I've sent to the list, got lost in
transmission. The reason is that I've used Thunderbird's "Write to"
and "Respond to" List function that appears as a button if a mail
contains a List-Post-header.

The problem is that there are currently non-working addresses:

  <mailto:security-dev-request at mail.openjdk.org?subject=subscribe>

mail.openjdk.org doesn't seem to be a valid endpoint and it should
be openjdk.org instead.

I've checked the mails of the clientlib-list and they seem to be
correct, so this might be a secdev-only problem, which is the reason
why I send it to the list (I don't have that many lists subscribed,
so my empirical data is limited ;-)

Thanks and cheers,

Lothar Kimmeringer