RFR: 8296910: Add EdDSA/XDH/RSASSA-PSS to KeyPairGeneratorBench.java

Xue-Lei Andrew Fan xuelei at openjdk.org
Wed Nov 16 22:29:32 UTC 2022

On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 21:28:37 GMT, Weijun Wang <weijun at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if secure random generation could be sometimes fast and sometimes slow. I'm also not sure about how NativePRNG behaves in a multi-thread environment.

I see your point.  But it is still part of the key generation.  Measuring key generation using a fake secure random may be not useful in practice.

The performance stability impact may be mitigated by the JMH mechanism.   I did not worry about it.

It may be useful to check different secure random providers, but it would be better to be addressed in a different patch.