RFR: 8297301: Cleanup unused methods in JavaUtilJarAccess [v6]

Weijun Wang weijun at openjdk.org
Mon Nov 21 14:02:32 UTC 2022

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 00:29:34 GMT, pandaapo <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The cache named `signerToCodeSource` in `JarVerifier` is never used now.
>
> pandaapo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Modify as review and update copyright.

Looks almost complete. Just 2 small comments.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/jar/JarVerifier.java line 330:

> 328:     }
> 329:
> 330:     public Certificate[] getCerts(JarEntry entry)

You might want to move the javadoc of the removed `getCerts(String)` method here. It looks there was a single javadoc for 2 methods. We should keep one.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/jar/JarVerifier.java line 345:

> 343:     }
> 344:
> 345:     public CodeSigner[] getCodeSigners(JarEntry entry)

Since the 1st `getCodeSigners` is only used by the 2nd one. We can inline the 1st one into the 2nd one.