RFR: 8296024: Usage of DIrectBuffer::address should be guarded [v16]

Maurizio Cimadamore mcimadamore at openjdk.org
Mon Nov 28 15:00:32 UTC 2022

IMHO the renaming is not super important - the underlying abstraction managing the segment lifetime is still called MemorySession, even after https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10872. And, acquire/release are methods on MemorySession - so I think the current name might be more precise even after we integrate the latest API changes.