Eirik Bjørsnøs eirbjo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 19:46:54 UTC 2023

> The issue with java.security.Identity is/was the usage in Java EE, more
> specifically the EJB spec and the concern that there are app servers
> that want to support Java EE releases and run on newer JDK releases at
> the same time. So this one has been stuck for a long time.

Jakarta EE 9 was updated to remove EJBContext methods which depended on
java.security.Identity.

Is the remaining concern about Java EE 8 implementations running Java 21
and newer? The Java 17 LTS seems to be supported until 2029?

Are our hands tied or would it be possible to move forward on this?

Thanks,
Eirik.