test/jdk/sun/security/pkcs11/KeyStore/CertChainRemoval.java fails on Ubuntu 23.10 AMD64

Francisco Ferrari Bihurriet fferrari at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 10:08:49 UTC 2023

Hi Vladimir,

This seems to be the same that is reported in a JDK-8301154 comment [1],
we incidentally hit this when fixing JDK-8309569 [2].

It was failing on Martin Balao's Fedora machine with an older NSS
version and working on my newer Fedora with NSS 3.89.

Copying Valerie for awareness just in case she missed the Jira comment.

[1]
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8301154?focusedCommentId=14585577&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14585577
[2] https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8309569

On 6/9/23 11:09, Vladimir Petko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> test/jdk/sun/security/pkcs11/KeyStore/CertChainRemoval.java[1] fails
> on Ubuntu Lunar (amd64) with CKR_GENERAL_ERROR .
> Reordering certificate addition
> (0001-CertChainRemoval-reorder-certificates.patch) allows the test to
> pass, but it may indicate a more serious underlying problem with
> library compatibility.
>
> Best Regards,
>   Vladimir.

Regards,