RFR: JDK-8287061: Support for rematerializing scalar replaced objects participating in allocation merges [v18]

Cesar Soares Lucas cslucas at openjdk.org
Fri Jun 23 15:03:19 UTC 2023

@iwanowww - I'm confused by what a "Diagnostic" flag is. According to [this documentation](https://wiki.openjdk.org/display/HotSpot/Hotspot+Command-line+Flags%3A+Kinds%2C+Lifecycle+and+the+CSR+Process) "Diagnostic flags are not meant for VM tuning or for product modes. They are to be used for VM quality assurance or field diagnosis of VM bugs [...]" I believe the patch I'm proposing is a VM tuning optimization, so should it really be a diagnostic flag? Besides, I think we'll try _at a later moment_ to make this a product flag. Do you think an experimental flag is more appropriate? Thank you.