RFR: 8294985: SSLEngine throws IAE during parsing of X500Principal [v25]

Daniel Jeliński djelinski at openjdk.org
Wed May 31 07:19:06 UTC 2023

On Tue, 30 May 2023 19:24:09 GMT, Kevin Driver <kdriver at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fixes: [JDK-8294985](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8294985)
>
> Kevin Driver has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - undo import changes
>  - undo import changes

test/jdk/sun/security/ssl/SSLEngineImpl/TestBadDNForPeerCA12.java line 66:

> 64:
> 65:     // this contains a server response with invalid DNs
> 66:     private static final byte[] serverPayload = Base64.getDecoder().decode(

I executed this test with debug output enabled, and didn't see any invalid DNs in the test output. The exception thrown was `Fatal (CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN): No trusted certificate found`. Are you using the right server payload here?