PEM KeyStore Implementation

Karl Scheibelhofer karl.scheibelhofer at gmx.net
Fri Sep 1 19:15:00 UTC 2023

Hi,

Working with Java and the JCA KeyStore for decades, I came across
many situations where I thought it would be convenient to be
able to load private keys and certificates in PEM format directly
using the KeyStore API. Without the need to convert them to PKCS#12/JKS.

You can find my implementation of a PEM KeyStore in
https://github.com/KarlScheibelhofer/java-crypto-tools.

I wondered if it would make sense to integrate such an implementation
in one of the standard providers of OpenJDK - like the SUN provider.
What do you think?

Best regards

  Karl