RFR: 8009550: PlatformPCSC should load versioned so [v2]

Andrew John Hughes andrew at openjdk.org
Tue Sep 5 10:19:38 UTC 2023

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:25:44 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stuefe at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Yes, that's a bit tricky. I was concerned about the JVM picking up the wrong library on a mulitarch system, since having multiple of these directories is the point of multiarch.

If the architecture is not 32-bit arm and the library is installed for that architecture, it should catch that first via the `/usr/lib/$ARCH-linux-gnu/libpcsclite.so` template and return. The only potential issue seems to be if, for some reason, an unusable arm32 pcsclite library is installed and not one for the architecture itself, which seems very unlikely.

> But maybe its fine. The difference between the arm variants is that the float mode (soft vs hard) and I believe the former should always work, so if we accidentally pick it up, it should be no problem.

Good to know. If there is a way to pick it up, I'd be happy to add it, but I'm not aware of it and don't have access to a Debian arm32 system to test on.

> The kfreebsd one I'd just drop.

Done.