RFR: 4964430: (spec) missing IllegalStateException exception requirement for javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal [v2]

Valerie Peng valeriep at openjdk.org
Mon Sep 25 23:51:13 UTC 2023

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 18:43:10 GMT, Ben Perez <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Updated IllegalStateException exception requirements for `update`, `doFinal`, `wrap`, and `unwrap`
>
> Ben Perez has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Removed periods at end of IllegalStateException comment

1) Cipher.updateAAD(...) methods also calls checkCipherState(), so its javadoc should be updated as well?
2) Given the current checkCipherState() impl does not check for states for NullCipher objects, do we want to also update the javax.crypto.NullCipher class javadoc to mention that IllegalStateException is not thrown by various methods?
3) Update copyright year to 2023?