Question on JDK-8058778 (New APIs for creating certificates and certificate requests)

Robert Sherwood robert.sherwood at credentive.com
Tue Sep 26 10:19:44 UTC 2023

Hello everyone – I hope this is not too silly a question.

I am doing some Java based PKI work for a client and have discovered the long outstanding JDK-8058778. I am curious about the difficulty of this request. I assume that it must be a very complicated problem to be open for so long.

It seems like a reasonable straightforward problem. Is this a reasonable issue for a newcomer (i.e. me) to work on or is there some hidden complexity that prevents it being resolved?

Thanks,

Rob Sherwood