RFR: 8329213: Better validation for com.sun.security.ocsp.useget option [v5]

Aleksey Shipilev shade at openjdk.org
Mon Apr 1 07:34:52 UTC 2024

> [JDK-8328638](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8328638) introduced a new boolean option, `com.sun.security.ocsp.useget`. We use the usual `Boolean.parseBoolean` to convert it from String to boolean value, which works correctly for `false` and `true` as boolean values. However, any string that is not `true` would be treated as `false`. Which means that if users mistype the value, they would get a `false`, which is a non-default value, which is against the spirit of the JDK-8328638.
>
> It would be preferable to validate the option range a bit better, and default to the correct value on any error.
>
> Additional testing:
>   - [x] Eyeballing `GetAndPostTests` debugging, checking that GET/POST are properly enabled/disabled for `false`, `true`, `foobar` passed as option values
>   - [x] `jdk_security`, out of the box
>   - [x] `jdk_security` with `-Dcom.sun.security.ocsp.useget=false` passes
>   - [x] `jdk_security` with `-Dcom.sun.security.ocsp.useget=foobar` passes

Aleksey Shipilev has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven additional commits since the last revision:

 - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8329213-better-validation-ocsp
 - Copyright headers
 - test -> client
 - Add another option to GetAndPostTests, check requests in test OSCP server
 - Touchup
 - Invert equals
 - Fix

   Fix

   Fix

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18525/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18525/files/606a384b..4717ff8f

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18525&range=04
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18525&range=03-04

  Stats: 1831 lines in 92 files changed: 688 ins; 782 del; 361 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/18525/head:pull/18525

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18525