RFR: 8333583: Crypto-XDH.generateSecret regression after JDK-8329538 [v3]

Volodymyr Paprotski duke at openjdk.org
Mon Jun 24 15:31:12 UTC 2024

@ferakocz, now I was out on long weekend...

> Do you attribute the performance loss of the XDH code path to the mult() function returning an int instead of being void? Do you think that this prevented some optimization in the hotspot compiler?

That's exactly it. I 'proved experimentally' that that's the case. Though I haven't identified which exact sequence of optimizations is missing deterministically from compilation logs. That's beyond me yet. Identifying which optimization(s) is missing might be great for long term, but figured since we are closing down commits for this release, I should put something in soonest. This PR essentially 'reverts' the part of my ECC PR to original code. Which in turn should be easiest to review.