RFR(m): 8150015: Integrate TraceTime with Unified Logging more seamlessly

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Wed Mar 16 10:38:05 UTC 2016

Hi Robbin,

On 2016-03-15 21:31, Robbin Ehn wrote:
> Hi, please review this enhancement.
>
> This adds support for multiple UL tags in TraceTime.
>
> Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8150015/
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rehn/8150015/v1/webrev/

I think this is fine but I just wanted to mention an alternative
approach. For the GC logging I introduced a GCTraceTimerImpl class and a
GCTraceTime macro. See:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs-rt/hotspot/file/4030d7f9946d/src/share/vm/gc/shared/gcTraceTime.inline.hpp#l146

If you do something similar the code on the call site would look like this:

TraceTime(Info, safepointcleanup) timer("deflating idle monitors");

instead of this:

TraceTime timer("deflating idle monitors", TRACETIME_LOG(Info,
safepointcleanup));

Your call. I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks,
Bengt