RFR: JDK-8218128: vmTestbase/nsk/jvmti/ResourceExhausted/resexhausted003 and 004 use wrong path to test classes

Gary Adams gary.adams at oracle.com
Fri Mar 8 13:07:11 UTC 2019

I'll revert the comments that were left in during the tonga conversion.

I did come across an interesting test failure in resexhausted001
which had an
   @ignore 7013634

     JDK-7013634: jvmti resexhausted001 can timeout or fail due to
excessive thread creation

The test was closed because it was not reproducible.
Even though the test was not on the ProblemList, I believe
jtreg was excluding the test from running.

The original problem reported an "out of swap" condition.

The current failure reports:

Creating threads...
Timeout refired 480 times
[730.871s][warning][os,thread] Failed to start thread - _beginthreadex failed (EACCES) for attributes: stacksize: default, flags: CREATE_SUSPENDED STACK_SIZE_PARAM_IS.