RFR: 8294977: Convert test/jdk/java tests from ASM library to Classfile API [v2]

liach duke at openjdk.org
Wed Mar 15 04:09:04 UTC 2023

> Summaries:
> 1. A few recommendations about updating the constant API is made at https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/classfile-api-dev/2023-March/000233.html and I may update this patch shall the API changes be integrated before
> 2. One ASM library-specific test, `LambdaAsm` is removed. Others have their code generation infrastructure upgraded from ASM to Classfile API.
> 3. Most tests are included in tier1, but some are not:
> In `:jdk_io`: (tier2, part 2)
>
> test/jdk/java/io/Serializable/records/SerialPersistentFieldsTest.java
> test/jdk/java/io/Serializable/records/ProhibitedMethods.java
> test/jdk/java/io/Serializable/records/BadCanonicalCtrTest.java
>
> In `:jdk_instrument`: (tier 3)
>
> test/jdk/java/lang/instrument/RetransformAgent.java
> test/jdk/java/lang/instrument/NativeMethodPrefixAgent.java
> test/jdk/java/lang/instrument/asmlib/Instrumentor.java
>

> @asotona Would you mind reviewing?

liach has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Shorten lines, move from mask() to ACC_ constants, other misc improvements

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13009/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13009/files/837ea4bb..c6536bf9

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=13009&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=13009&range=00-01

  Stats: 196 lines in 19 files changed: 59 ins; 26 del; 111 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/13009/head:pull/13009

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13009