RFR: 199: Set fixVersion in an issue when a commit is integrated

Robin Westberg rwestberg at openjdk.java.net
Fri Dec 13 09:40:34 UTC 2019

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:44:10 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please review this change that sets fixVersion in a commit's issue after integration, if a version has been configured in the repository's .jcheck/conf file.
>>
>> Also sets a version for Skara itself!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Robin
>
> I don't think it is workable to have the configuration stored in the repo. We will have many cases where there will be upstream and downstream repos where commits will be synced from one to the other and you wouldn't want the fix version to be synced. Also, when forking repos or branches you want to set up and configure the new branch/repo and the master branch at the same time of the fork without pushing a commit to the repo. There are also cases (e.g., for sandbox repos) where you might not want the gitupdater feature enabled, and again it would be unworkable for the config to be in the repo.
>
> I think this is better done via a separate database that maps each repo/branch to a fix version as well as enabling the auto update or not.

I think there may be projects where it would be useful to have the version information stored in the repository - for example, it would be immediately obvious when the version is bumped. But as you say, it may not be the case for all projects. I'll update the change to allow this to be configurable per project: Either a fixed version, read the version from .jcheck/conf, or don't set the version at all.