reviewer attribution

Kevin Rushforth kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Tue Nov 17 13:01:09 UTC 2020

My experience with this on JavaFX is that once people get used to the
idea of doing the review on GitHub, it isn't really a problem. I view
this as (mostly) a step forward not a step backwards, since the review
approval is explicit and you don't need to guess whether a reviewer is
satisfied that all their concerns have been addressed.

Having said that, I do like the idea of being able to manually add a
"non-counting" reviewer manually, which is useful for those interacting
with the mailing list. That seems to be working well. However, once a
reviewer has done a review on GitHub, and has requested changes, I think
it would be wrong to override that.

-- Kevin