Request for comment on adding "Under Review" as a substate of bugs

Guoxiong Li lgxbslgx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:31:05 UTC 2022

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the work. It is very convenient to edit the `understanding`
field directly.

But I find it is unable to click the `Start Work` button if someone is not
the assignee of the issue.
So when solving SKARA-803 [1], I find we need to assign the issue to the
bot, then "click"
the `Start Work` button to transfer the status to `In Progress`,
and at last assign the issue back to the actual developer.
This situation is similar to the previous `understanding` field.

The three steps (self-assign, Start work, assign back) solution is a
workaround
but it seems to be not very elegant.
So I want to ask: can this be improved?
Or can the bot accounts or other administrators' accounts
click the `Start Work` button directly without as an assignee?

[1] https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/SKARA-803

Best Regards,
-- Guoxiong