RFR: 1422: Remove the need to type `JEP-` or `jep-` prefix in `jep` command

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Tue May 3 12:54:26 UTC 2022

On Tue, 3 May 2022 07:10:44 GMT, Guoxiong Li <gli at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This patch permits the strange grammer like `/jep jEP-123` and removes the need of the `JEP-` or `jep-` prefix.
> When the prefix (`JDK-`, `JEP-` or others) is not provided, the bot treats it as a JEP ID firstly.
> If the issue is not found, the bot then treats it as an issue ID.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to review.
>
> Best Regards,
> -- Guoxiong

bots/pr/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/pr/JEPCommand.java line 58:

> 56:                  * `/jep jep-123`
> 57:                  * `/jep JEP-123`
> 58:                  * `/jep 123`

I would suggest putting this example first.

Also, there is an empty line after "Some examples:" but not after "Command syntax:". That looks weird.

bots/pr/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/pr/JEPCommand.java line 65:

> 63:                 The bot firstly treats the ID without prefix as a JEP ID.
> 64:                 If not found, the bot then treats the ID without prefix as an issue ID.
> 65:                 The issue type in any case must be `JEP`.

Suggestion:

                The prefix (i.e. `JDK-`, `JEP-` or `jep-`) is optional. If the argument is given without prefix, it will be tried first as a JEP ID and second as an issue ID. The issue type must be `JEP`.

A text block here is good for formatting the syntax and examples, but text should not be forcibly line broken. Consider adding the text paragraph as an additional string so that it may be broken up in code, but not when posted.

bots/pr/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/pr/JEPCommand.java line 83:

> 81:                 jbsIssue = bot.issueProject().jepIssue(args);
> 82:                 if (jbsIssue.isEmpty()) {
> 83:                     reply.println("The JEP issue of the JEP argument `" + args + "` was not found. " +

Do we really need to print a message about this?