RFR: 1690: Make jcheck cli able to use conf from workspace or other commit [v2]

Zhao Song zsong at openjdk.org
Tue Nov 29 23:28:48 UTC 2022

> Currently, the command `git skara jcheck` can only use the `.jcheck/conf` configuration file in the current checking commit.
> However, sometimes users want to run jcheck with different configurations to validate their commits. Therefore, we need to upgrade `git skara jcheck`.
>
> In this patch, `git skara jcheck` would be able to support following usecases.
>
> 1. Run jcheck on a commit or a series of commits using the .jcheck/conf in the same commit. (what we do by default today)
> `git skara jcheck`
>
> 2. Run jcheck on a commit or a series of commits using the .jcheck/conf in a different specified commit.
> `git skara jcheck --specified-conf-commit <COMMIT HASH>`
>
> 3. Run jcheck on a commit or a series of commits using the .jcheck/conf in my workspace.
> `git skara jcheck --workspace-conf`
>
> 4. Run jcheck on a commit or a series of commits using a config file that I point to directly, that may have any name.
> `git skara jcheck --workspace-conf --conf-file <FILENAME>`
>
> 5. Run jcheck on the diff in my current workspace, either --staged or not using the .jcheck/conf in my workspace.
> `git skara jcheck --workspace-diff`

Zhao Song has updated the pull request incrementally with three additional commits since the last revision:

 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/skara-1690' into skara-1690

   # Conflicts:
   #	cli/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/cli/GitJCheck.java
   #	jcheck/src/test/java/org/openjdk/skara/jcheck/TestRepository.java
   #	vcs/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/vcs/ReadOnlyRepository.java
   #	vcs/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/vcs/git/GitRepository.java
   #	vcs/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/vcs/hg/HgRepository.java
 - fix comment
 - case 5 has not been implemented

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/skara/pull/1428/files