RFR: 1215: Clean label not updating correctly

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.org
Tue Oct 4 18:01:45 UTC 2022

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 17:41:46 GMT, Zhao Song <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Ah, the problem is that `<!-- backport` is not matched as a metadata comment in `CheckWorkItem::getMetadata`. See the regexp `metadataComments`. If you add that, it should consider the backport hash comments as updates that need rechecking.
>
>> Ah, the problem is that `<!-- backport` is not matched as a metadata comment in `CheckWorkItem::getMetadata`. See the regexp `metadataComments`. If you add that, it should consider the backport hash comments as updates that need rechecking.
>
> Yes, but I also wonder whether the comment author is the same as the pr user, otherwise the comment will be filtered out `.filter(comment -> comment.author().id().equals(pr.repository().forge().currentUser().id()))`

The PR user here is the bot user. That filter is making sure we are only considering comments made by the bot itself. The idea here is that new check runs should always be triggered when a special "metadata" comment is added or changed. These are basically book keeping comments made by the bot to record various kinds of state in the PR. The data in these comments is hidden from view by being written inside html comments ``. Not including the backport hash metadata comment here was an oversight.