RFR: 1936: IssueCommand would change pr title in GitLab

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.org
Wed Jun 7 23:15:09 UTC 2023

On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 22:55:47 GMT, Zhao Song <zsong at openjdk.org> wrote:

> In GitLab, when a user wants to create a PR in draft mode, they need to include the prefix "Draft: " before the title(Checked the GitLab Document, "WIP" is already deprecated and removed). However, if the user wants to use the "/issue" command to add another issue to this PR, the pr bot will not be able to parse the issue within the PR title. Therefore, the bot will modify the PR title to match the new issue the user wants to add, resulting in the removal of the draft state of the PR.
>
> To resolve this issue, we need to remove the draft prefix before trying to parse the title issue.

Is there a better place to remove the `Draft:` prefix? I'm wondering if it would be possible to generalize it by removing the "Draft:" prefix similarly to how the optional `JDK-` prefix is removed? That way it would be parsed as a valid issue for the purpose of listing the BugID + Bug tltle in the Description, checking for a CSR, etc.