<Swing Dev> [7] Review request for 6994562: Swing classes (both JTextArea and JTextField) don't support caret width tuning

Vladislav Karnaukhov Vladislav.Karnaukhov at oracle.com
Mon Jun 25 11:13:39 UTC 2012

Hello Artem,

the property's change is tracked by native
AwtDesktopProperties::getWindowsParameters() method, which is called
from Java WDesktopProperties' call chain windowsSettingsChange ->
updatePropertires -> getProperties. windowsSettingsChange method is
called from native code when WM_SETTINGCHANGE message is received. Thus
this call chain serves as "action listener", and caret width tuning will
be tracked and handled along with any other possible Windows interface
customization.

Regards,
- Vlad