<Swing Dev> [12] Review Request: 8133713 [macosx] Accessible JTables always reported as empty

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Oct 4 00:56:59 UTC 2018

On 02/10/2018 17:50, Philip Race wrote:
> 1) Why was "Table" wrong ? And why is "Grid" right ?

It is not wrong, but it requires a little bit different api to be used.
For example the table have an options to read the rows/columns headers.
But the grid may work based on our current implementation(which were
added for lists). This is a current limitation.

> 2) What was the purpose of that anyway without the code to back it up like :
>
> + } else if ([javaRole isEqualToString:@"table"]) {
> + newChild = [TableAccessibility alloc]; 3)

The code above creates an object of TableAccessibility which is our
class. This class provide support for the count of columns/rows in the grid.

+ AccessibleTable table =
> ac.getAccessibleTable(); Could table ever be null here ?

It should not be null for our tables, but it could be null for some
custom components:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8133713/webrev.01

--
Best regards, Sergey.