some errors in the specification (january 30 version)

Eric Bruneton ebruneton at free.fr
Sun Feb 17 02:22:57 PST 2013

FYI, I updated the type annotation implementation in the ASM branch
ASM_5_FUTURE, to match the latest version of the JSR. I hope it is
correct, but I have no reference implementation against which to test it
(is there one)?

By doing this, I noticed two small bugs in the specification:
- the first sentence in 3.3.10 references
invocation_type_argument_target and method_reference_type_argument,
which are not defined.
- in 3.4, in the type_path_entry struct definition, the
type_argument_index comment is inconsistent with the sentence just below
"When type_path_kind is 0, 1, or 2, then type_argument_index must be 0"
(0 is valid for a type_path_kind 3, and designates the 1st type arg).

Finally I'm wondering, in 3.3.10, how the value of type_argument_index
is defined for a castinstruction.

Eric