Update on bug system for OpenJDK

Kelly O'Hair kelly.ohair at oracle.com
Mon Jun 6 11:13:06 PDT 2011

On Jun 5, 2011, at 8:55 PM, Roger Calnan wrote:

>> From the comparison based on our requirements one system comes out ahead, and that is JIRA.
> 	let's move this effort into the decision phase as this clearly we won't
> make a choice that pleases everyone, but we need a decision and move on.

I agree.

---

Regardless of any perceptions that this analysis might have been biased, I don't see it that way.
I have not been directly involved in this analysis, except as a deeply interested bystander.
In any evaluation like this, given the list of requirements, sometimes one choice starts standing out
well above the other, and the resulting report may appear to be biased when it is actually reflecting the
obvious choice that stood out during the analysis.

I'm not a huge fan of any bug tracking system, and with any new one I am given to use, I will grumble and
complain like everyone else, initially, then learn to live with it, or fix it. Let's get it in place and move on.

It's like the kids in the car that keep asking "Are we there yet?". I'd like to say "Yes! Now will you shut up!"  Nicely. ;^)

-kto