ZGC integrated into JDK 11

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Wed Jun 13 12:13:34 UTC 2018

On 06/13/2018 12:23 PM, Stuart Monteith wrote:
> That's great Per. I'll move my work over to the jdk tree.
>
> What are your intentions regarding the SPARC port? I presume that
> there is no intention to maintain it, and therefore no intention to
> merge it.

We've left out the SPARC port for now. Our current guess is that there's
not enough demand for it to justify the maintenance and testing costs.
But, we could be wrong there, and if so we can easily bring it in again.
We're just being a bit cautious here, since it's always easier to add a
this later, compared to removing it later.

The SPARC port has also served as a good template for what a port would
look like on hardware with VA-masking support, but I'm hoping the
aarch64 port can fill that role going forward.

> The aarch64 port progresses - there were recently a couple of bugs
> that needed addresses that were confusing my testing.

Let us know if there's something we can do to help.

cheers,
Per