RFR: 8044131: Restructure sjavac client / server protocol code

Andreas Lundblad andreas.lundblad at oracle.com
Thu Jul 3 19:09:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 04:44:20PM +0200, Fredrik Öhrström wrote:
> Looks very nice, but:
>   did you drop the id supplied from the commandline? Its very useful for
> debugging the openjdk build.

Wops. Forgot. Now it's back in.

New revision up:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alundblad/8044131/webrev.01

Highlights being:

SjavacClient:
oos.writeObject(id); in two places

RequestHandler:
65   String id = (String) oin.readObject();
66   String cmd = (String) oin.readObject();
67   Log.info("Handling request, id: " + id + " cmd: " + cmd);

>   The implementation classes IdleResetSJavac and friends should not be
> public.

Hmm. They are currently accessed outside of their package. I intend to split up Main in SjavacClientMain and SjavacServerMain. Once that is done it should be possible to haver stricter access on these classes. I'll leave it as is for now.