Question: Where are JEPs discussed?

Alex Buckley alex.buckley at oracle.com
Wed May 8 17:50:06 UTC 2019

On 5/8/2019 10:29 AM, Alex Buckley wrote:
> If the feature _really_ prospers, then the OpenJDK Lead may target
> the feature for inclusion in a specific release of the JDK Project;
> its state changes will then be announced on jdk-dev, though ongoing
> feature development obviously stays on the Project or Group list.

While I was writing the above, there were two announcements on jdk-dev
of JEPs having their state changed (both were targeted to JDK 13):

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-May/002821.html
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-May/002822.html

Out of interest, I followed the second mail's link to JEP 351. The
Description field of JEP 351 told me that the feature -- an enhancement
to ZGC -- is discussed on `hotspot dash gc dash dev at openjdk dot java
dot net`. I visited the archives of hotspot-gc-dev for April and May,
and immediately saw mails discussing the feature.

The commitment to transparency, both by the feature's engineers and the
OpenJDK Lead, is incredible.

Alex