New PR for AArch64 Address Lowering

Doug Simon doug.simon at oracle.com
Tue Jun 6 13:28:11 UTC 2017

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 10:41, Andrew Dinn <adinn at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Last night I submitted a new PR for the AArch64 Address Lowering patch
> (which enables use of offset addressing on AArch64-generated code). It
> includes changes required to pass the style checker:
>
>  https://github.com/graalvm/graal/pull/222
>
> I had been seeing problems with this patch when running a
> jigsaw--enabled netbeans on jdk9 -- exceptions were being thrown when
> reading binary file data. I now believe the exceptions were related to
> my local disk retaining a combination of old projects and netbeans
> config files. Having cleared out these dirs I was able to run and, more
> importantly, rerun a netbeans session with no exceptions being thrown. I
> also successfully ran some other basic smoke tests, including javac, and
> jedit, with no errors. So, I think the patch is ready for merge.
>
> The Travis job for the PR
>

> https://travis-ci.org/graalvm/graal/builds/239644906?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification
>
> appears to have failed with (javac) compiler errors in one of the tests e.g.
>
> /home/travis/build/graalvm/graal/compiler/src/org.graalvm.compiler.hotspot.test/src/org/graalvm/compiler/hotspot/test/HotSpotGraalMBeanTest.java:241:
> error: MockResolvedJavaMethod is not abstract and does not override
> abstract method isIntrinsicCandidate() in HotSpotResolvedJavaMethod
>
>    private static class MockResolvedJavaMethod implements
> HotSpotResolvedJavaMethod {
>

> All three failed build jobs have encountered the same problem. This
> looks like it is nothing to do with my changes. I suspect the latest
> graal tree is borked.

The issue is that when adding HotSpotResolvedJavaMethod.isIntrinsicCandidate(), I did it inconsistently between jvmci-8 and jvmci-9:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/graal/graal-jvmci-8/file/6523380966cd/jvmci/jdk.vm.ci.hotspot/src/jdk/vm/ci/hotspot/HotSpotResolvedJavaMethod.java#l114
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/hotspot/file/e64b1cb48d6e/src/jdk.internal.vm.ci/share/classes/jdk.vm.ci.hotspot/src/jdk/vm/ci/hotspot/HotSpotResolvedJavaMethod.java#l114

I'll push through a fix for this to Graal at which point you can retry the Travis gate.

-Doug