Request for reviews (S): 7129618: assert(obj_node->eqv_uncast(obj),"");

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Fri Jan 13 17:08:34 PST 2012

On Jan 13, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kvn/7129618/webrev
>
> 7129618: assert(obj_node->eqv_uncast(obj),"");

It looks good.

This comment, because it talks of a "new implementation" seems like it will go out of date quickly:
  +   // New implementation (EliminateNestedLocks) has separate BoxLock
Perhaps you could say:
 ++   // Under EliminateNestedLocks there is a separate BoxLock

Also, a typo:
 +     // unlocks are reference only this one object.
++     // unlocks are referencing only this one object.

I notice that (in a previous changeset) we generate phi nodes for BoxLocks using a bottom_type of TypeRawPtr.
Will those phi nodes ever be allocated to registers or stack slots?  I'm hoping not, because that could let the oops escape the GC.

-- John