CMS parallel initial mark

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Fri Jun 7 21:47:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 11:51 -0700, Hiroshi Yamauchi wrote:

>          - I think Jon already mentioned that it might be better to
>         use an int
>         for worker_id in CMSParMarkTask::do_young_space_rescan() (if
>         it is
>         actually needed) to keep that code in line with current use.
>

> I thought there was a mass conversion from "work(int i)" to "work(uint
> worker_id)" around Hotspot 24 or so. Given that understanding, this
> sounds like going backwards from uint to int. Am I misunderstanding?

No, you are right - when checking that statement I happened to look at
exactly the files where for some reason this apparently not been changed
- i.e. concurrentG1RefineThread.?pp and concurrentG1Refine.cpp. :(

All others seem to be uint (grepping through sources), so keep it.

I will file a CR for that unless somebody else knows a good reason to
keep them ints in these files.

Sorry.