RFR: 8030035 Create a stable test group in TEST.groups

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Dec 13 07:33:11 PST 2013

On 13/12/2013 14:35, Balchandra Vaidya wrote:

> All,
>
> I request to review a change for "8030035 - Create a stable
> test group in TEST.groups"
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bvaidya/8/8030035/webrev.01/

I'm not sure about including javax/print in this list. They might be
stable but they only pass if there is a printer attached. I see you have
them listed as "known issues" [1] but I think it really reduces the
chances that all the tests in the proposed group will pass.

I'm also not sure about the SCTP test. We put them into their own group
because they are highly sensitive to the kernel configuration and/or the
libsctp that is installed. They do pass if SCTP is not in the kernel but
they have been troublesome on older kernels that had it configured. I
guess I can't really object to including this and we can always remove
it if there are complaints.

As regards the rest then there are few tests in these areas that fail
when running headless. I'm interested in hearing other views on that
topic. Volker's suggestion to have a stable and stable-headful is one
approach. I guess I just object to tests doing strange polkas on my
desktop. Also it is very appealing in server environments so not have to
setup a virtual frame buffer.

-Alan.

[1] http://download.java.net/jdk8/testresults/docs/knownissues.html