RFR: 8030035 Create a stable test group in TEST.groups

Balchandra Vaidya balchandra.vaidya at oracle.com
Mon Dec 16 03:16:17 PST 2013

On 12/13/13 03:33 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 13/12/2013 14:35, Balchandra Vaidya wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I request to review a change for "8030035 - Create a stable
>> test group in TEST.groups"
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bvaidya/8/8030035/webrev.01/
>
> I'm not sure about including javax/print in this list. They might be
> stable but they only pass if there is a printer attached. I see you
> have them listed as "known issues" [1] but I think it really reduces
> the chances that all the tests in the proposed group will pass.

In the java/print group, 11 tests pass and 5 tests fail when printer is
not attached. I can remove it from the jdk_stable group.

> I'm also not sure about the SCTP test. We put them into their own
> group because they are highly sensitive to the kernel configuration
> and/or the libsctp that is installed. They do pass if SCTP is not in
> the kernel but they have been troublesome on older kernels that had it
> configured. I guess I can't really object to including this and we can
> always remove it if there are complaints.

I didn't see any issue with these tests on OEL 6. I am happy to remove
it from the jdk_stable group if anyone complain on any other OSes.

> As regards the rest then there are few tests in these areas that fail
> when running headless. I'm interested in hearing other views on that
> topic. Volker's suggestion to have a stable and stable-headful is one
> approach. I guess I just object to tests doing strange polkas on my
> desktop. Also it is very appealing in server environments so not have
> to setup a virtual frame buffer.

I found 13 tests from jdk_stable group that fail in headless mode. In
the short term,
I can add a note in knownissues.html [1] page. In the long term, hoping
to have a
solution for those failing tests.

Thanks
Balchandra