[riscv-port] RFR: 8277968: riscv: Detect vector extension with vcsr [v2]

kuaiwei duke at openjdk.java.net
Tue Nov 30 08:04:52 UTC 2021

> UseRVV could cause crash on D1 board(RISCV-C906).
>
> It seems that though the D1 board is equipped with RVV-0.7.1[1] . In our test, VLENB CSR can return value of 16 on D1 board. So JDK will assume it can support RVV extension and crash in vector instructions when  UseRVV is enabled.
>
> RVV-0.9 and above[2] introduce a new VCSR CSR register, it will raise SIGILL on D1 board. So we can check it to detect vext support.
>

> [1] https://github.com/riscv/riscv-v-spec/blob/0a24d0f61b5cd3f1f9265e8c40ab211daa865ede/v-spec.adoc#vector-extension-programmers-model
> [2] https://github.com/riscv/riscv-v-spec/blob/master/v-spec.adoc#vector-extension-programmers-model

kuaiwei has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences compared to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains one new commit since the last revision:

  8277968: riscv: Detect vector extension with vcsr

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/riscv-port/pull/18/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/riscv-port/pull/18/files/380bb30b..fecbfefd

Webrevs: