[security-dev 01116]: 6840752: Provide out-of-the-box support for ECC algorithms

Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Mon Aug 24 19:26:10 UTC 2009

With this changeset:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk/rev/1ff7163fc5f7

the new ECC was added to OpenJDK.  When I first read about this, I'd
assumed we were getting a Java-based implementation.  The final
changeset seem to just be an inclusion of the NSS code into the
OpenJDK codebase, which adds yet another case where a system library
is replicated internally (the others being libjpeg, libpng, zlib, lcms
and probably others I've missed).

Is this correct? Were there local modifications to this code as well?

As seems to be common practice with OpenJDK, this changeset just
appeared with very little, if any, public discussion.
--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8