code review request: 6330275: Rework the PaddingTest regression test. (was Re: Fwd: jdk_security2 tests)

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Fri Jul 8 07:55:18 UTC 2011

On 07/08/2011 02:13 PM, Stuart Marks wrote:
> On 7/7/11 10:05 PM, Bradford Wetmore wrote:
>> My only comment is in the diff section. I realize it's a
>> FileInputStream and
>> all the bytes should be obtained on a read, but I think you might want to
>> consider the case of a short read for whatever reason. FileInputStream
>> doesn't
>> guarantee that all bytes will be returned, just "some". It might be
>> better to
>> read both files until EOF, then compare sizes/contents.

You're correct.

> In this vein, it might be reasonable to consider using
> java.nio.file.Files.readAllBytes(), which takes a Path and returns a
> byte[]. Then simply call Arrays.equals() on the results.

The diff method is now --

private static void diff(String fname1, String fname2) throws Exception {
     if (!Arrays.equals(Files.readAllBytes(new File(fname1).toPath()),
             Files.readAllBytes(new File(fname2).toPath()))) {
         throw new Exception(
                 "files " + fname1 + " and " + fname2 + " differ");
     }
}

I should learn these new JDK 7 classes more. I guess "new
File(f).toPath()" is the most straight forward way to get a Path object?

Thanks
Max