Code review request: 7064075 Security libraries don't build with javac -Xlint:all,-deprecation -Werror

Alexandre Boulgakov alexandre.boulgakov at oracle.com
Tue Jul 19 01:21:07 UTC 2011

Hello,

Here's an updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/aboulgak/7064075.2/

I've reexamined the @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") annotations, and
added comments to all of the ones I've added. I was was also able to
remove several of them by using covariant return types on
sun.security.x509.*Extension.get(String) inherited from Object
CertAttrSet<T>.get(String). I've also updated the consumers of
sun.security.x509.*Extension.get(String) to use the more specific return
type, removing several casts and @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") annotations.

Also, please take a closer look at my changes to
com.sun.security.auth.PolicyFile.getPrincipalInfo(PolicyParser.PrincipalEntry,
final CodeSource) in
src/share/classes/com/sun/security/auth/PolicyFile.java lines 1088-1094.
The preceding comment and the behavior of
Subject.getPrincipals(Class<T>) seem to be more consistent with the
updated version, but I wanted to make sure.

The classes where I added serialVersionUID's are either new or have the
same serialVersionUID as the original implementation.

Thanks,
Sasha