Code Review Request: Generalise com.oracle.security.ucrypto tests

Valerie (Yu-Ching) Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Thu Mar 29 11:14:54 PDT 2012

Well, I have not looked at the complete webrev.
But it looks to me that if the tests are generalized to cover more
providers, then they should be moved to somewhere else instead of
"com/oracle/security/ucrypto" directory which implies the regression
tests for OracleUcrypto provider. Maybe somewhere under the
/javax/crypto/ would be a better fit.

One more concern that I have is that some functionalities tested in the
tests may be *optional*. When the tests are developed for a specific
provider such as OracleUcrypto provider, we know what it supports and
doesn't support. However, when the tests are generalized to apply to all
security providers, it gets a bit fragile. Even it works w/ current list
of providers, once a new provider is added, the tests may very likely
fail. The tests may have to be relaxed when it comes to these optional
functionalities, e.g. digest cloning, key wrapping, etc.

Personally, I feel this is a bit more than "regression tests"...
Valerie