RFR : 7163470 : Build fails if javax.crypto src files not present.

Valerie (Yu-Ching) Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Wed May 9 18:33:19 UTC 2012

On 05/09/12 07:03, Seán Coffey wrote:
> The JDK has historically allowed builds without the javax.crypto
> package src.
>
> Bug fix 7058133 altered the bootclasspath for security library builds.
> This fix simply allows the builds to continue if javax.crypto package
> is not present. In such cases we append the jce.jar to bootclasspath.
>
> I've also patched up the new files in makefiles directory which seem
> to have been missing the recent 7130959 fix.

Good catch. Judging from the history, 7130959 is putback'ed right before
the files of "makefiles" directory are created/integrated. So, the RE
for 7074397 may have picked up the older copy of the security makefiles
when creating the "makefiles"  ones.

> bug : http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7163470 (bug
> not visible yet)
> webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.7163470.jdk8/
Looks good to me, same as the fixes that we previously discussed.
You will do the putback to JDK8?
Valerie