[8] Request for review: 8016850: JCK javax.security.auth.Policy tests fail when run in Profiles mode

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Wed Aug 14 22:05:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

Could you please review my fix for 8016850:

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mullan/webrevs/8016850/webrev.00/

bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8016850

This is very similar to my previous fix for 8016848:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/security-dev/2013-August/008322.html

In this case, javax.security.auth.Policy.getPolicy() returns a default
implementation that is not in the compact1 or compact2 profiles.

The fix is to move the implementation to
sun.security.provider.AuthPolicyFile. The existing
com.sun.security.auth.PolicyFile is not removed, but is now just a
wrapper around AuthPolicyFile.

noreg-jck as there is an existing JCK test for this.

Thanks,
Sean