8034943: Eliminate Keberos dependency on com.sun.security.auth to avoid circular dependency

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Feb 14 12:06:05 UTC 2014

As part of preparing the JDK for modules we need to look at the
dependencies between Kerberos and JAAS as they are logically separate
components.

As it stands we have a circular dependency due to the JDK-specific API
to JAAS have API dependencies on Kerberos types, and the JGSS
implementation using one of the CallbackHandlers defined in JDK-specific
API to JAAS.

I'd like to eliminate this dependency with the following patch:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8034943/webrev/

It basically copies TextCallbackHandler to
sun.security.util.ConsoleCallbackHandler and changes TextCallbackHandler
so that it just delegates to ConsoleCallbackHandler. This is good enough
to fix the dependency issue and with the change then all the existing
JAAS and Kerberos tests in the jdk repository pass as before.

-Alan.