[9] RFR: 8152745: javax/net/ssl/TLS/TestJSSE.java fails intermittently: Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message

Artem Smotrakov artem.smotrakov at oracle.com
Tue Jun 21 17:20:46 UTC 2016

Hello,

Please review the patch below for javax/net/ssl/TLS/TestJSSE.java test.

The test has been observed to fail intermittently with "Unsupported or
unrecognized SSL" error. But I couldn't reproduce it manually while
running the test in  a loop for a couple of days on Linux x64. For now
it's not clear why it failed.

The patch updates the test with the following:
- enabled debug output, so that we can have more info if the test fails
again
- splitted the test to several files to avoid jtreg's "output overflow"
- updated the test to close sockets
- some refactoring to make the code/logs more readable (although I
believe the test needs even more refactoring)

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asmotrak/8152745/webrev.00/

Artem