[9] RFR: 8152745: javax/net/ssl/TLS/TestJSSE.java fails intermittently: Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Wed Jun 22 00:57:48 UTC 2016

Looks more like a issue of "Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message".
This issue might be impacted by other test cases that running in the
same time that using free socket port.  It's good to dump the SSL/TLS
record for further evaluation.

Minor comments:

test/javax/net/ssl/TLS/TestJSSE.java
  36         System.setProperty("javax.net.debug", "ssl");
What do you think if dump the TLS record, too?
   System.setProperty("javax.net.debug", "ssl,record");

test/javax/net/ssl/TLS/CipherTestUtils.java
line 431-433:  Looks like you missed the print the string array.

line 379, 498, 509: may exceed 80 characters each line.  Please also
look at other updated that may exceed 80 characters each line.

On 6/22/2016 1:20 AM, Artem Smotrakov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the patch below for javax/net/ssl/TLS/TestJSSE.java test.
>
> The test has been observed to fail intermittently with "Unsupported or
> unrecognized SSL" error. But I couldn't reproduce it manually while
> running the test in  a loop for a couple of days on Linux x64. For now
> it's not clear why it failed.
>
> The patch updates the test with the following:
> - enabled debug output, so that we can have more info if the test fails
> again
> - splitted the test to several files to avoid jtreg's "output overflow"
Hm, a sort of hack code as these files are not actually 'java' code.
But it should work, I think.

Thanks,
Xuelei