Do your NSS DLLs on Windows have execute permission?

Bradford Wetmore bradford.wetmore at oracle.com
Thu Sep 15 18:30:42 UTC 2016

Max,

This is a known problem.  We had a discussion on this a couple years
ago, but I don't know if there's been any additional work on this.
Perhaps Jon Gibbons might know?  cc'ing him.

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/build-dev/2013-December/011316.html

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/build-dev/2013-December/011302.html

As of today's JDK 9 code, look at the "prep" target" in the
jdk/test/Makefile test directory.  The "prep" target updates the DLLs as
needed if this is not a repository (which I think is how our build/test
system JPRT works).

To answer your question, running jtreg directly on that test also fails
for me, due to:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Access is denied.
D:\java\ws\dev\jdk\test\sun\security\pkcs11\nss\lib\windows-amd64\softokn3.dll

 > after JDK-8165946[1]
 > [1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/15badd72caae

I don't have either of JDK-8165946[text] or JDK-8077138[the bug id in
the http link above] in my workspace.

Brad