RFR: JDK-8178278 Move Standard Algorithm Names document to specs directory

Brad R. Wetmore bradford.wetmore at oracle.com
Sat May 6 00:22:45 UTC 2017

I applied the patch to the jdk workspace and verified that all of the
instances were updated to
{@docRoot}/../specs/security/standard-names.html, and that no links
remain to the old StandardNames.html.

Sean wrote:

 > General: change the text of all of the links from "Java Cryptography
 > Architecture Standard Algorithm Name Documentation" (the old name) to
 > "Java Security Standard Algorithm Names Specification".

+1

Can you add similar wording to that effect in DrbgParameters.java?

jdk/src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/cert/CertPathValidator.java

155-156, 193-194:  extra spaces at beginning of line.

jdk/src/java.base/share/classes/javax/crypto/Cipher.java

153:  Why did you choose to use "Cipher Algorithm Names" instead of
Cipher Algorithms?  None of the other sections use "Names".

Can you add a link in the JSSE KeyManagerFactory class description to
the standard names sections for KeyManagerFactory's?  Even though we
don't require any currently, we should probably point to the names anyway.

Thanks,

Brad