RFR: 8165996:PKCS11 using NSS throws an error regarding secmod.db when NSS uses sqlite

Martin Balao mbalao at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 19:49:52 UTC 2018

Hi Sean,

This is a simple patch that contains:

 1) a fix on the SQL db prefix: it should be sql: instead of sql:/ to avoid
path errors (triggered on a new NSS library version);
 2) minor enhancement to specify a pkcs11.txt configuration file (as
secmod.db was used before, for the legacy db); and,
 3) some minor debugging enhancements to get error codes out of NSS.

I'll be grateful if someone can have a look at it. This proposal fixes an
existing bug, that can be verified with Oracle's internal tests.

I'm CC' Max to this email, as he was the one who notified me about the bug.

Kind regards,
Martin.-