Java SSLSocketChannel/SSLSelector?

David Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 12:56:00 UTC 2019

Then your selector can only be used for SSL things.  What if someone
decides to take the exact same approach to solve some other
higher-OSI-layer protocol decoding?  Now you have to choose which kind
of protocol you want your selector to support.  Note that with a plain
selector and plain sockets, you *need* a thread to support the event
loop anyway, I mean it has to run somewhere.  And with SSL, you also
need an extra thread or thread pool to handle SSL authentication
tasks, no matter whether you make a subclass of Selector.

--
- DML